People say marriage is about The Little Things. Based on our first 7.5 months of marriage, I agree. Today, I’m recognizing Six Little Things that make me proud of Matt and thankful for his heart.
1) Matt spent the majority of the day today organizing all of our photos from each of our laptops, phones, and iPads onto an Amazon Cloud. In the process, he updated my personal computer and helped me understand iCloud. Somehow I never really understood the cloud. Even though pictures aren’t all that important to Matt, he knows how important they are to me and so he dedicated the better part of his day to helping me have access to them in an organized way. Thanks for loving me in this way, Matt.
2) He hung up Christmas lights in our apartment! Thanks for decorating our apartment with me, Matt.
3) He was more than willing, once again, to try one of my new recipes. Tonight’s adventure was Caribbean-Style Chicken Soup with Lime and Cilantro from the Southern Living Ultimate Christmas Cookbook that his aunt gifted us over Thanksgiving. (Thanks, Aunt Jo Ann!) It turned out fine, but it wasn’t spectacular. Thanks for eating with me, Matt.
4) He dusted our living room while I cooked and cleaned other parts of the apartment. Thanks, Matt.
5) Every single time I came into the office area where he was working with a question or a thought, he listened and he gave me hugs. Every time.
6) He created an Amazon playlist of some of my favorite Christmas music for me to listen to while I work, and he made it project out of the TV speakers. [I don’t know how to work any of our entertainment system stuff.]
These pictures make me proud of Matt in one way or another, too.